Shite in Miniature II

Split_Pin

Anyone want this,the box is a bit battered,but the cars are all pretty much mint.It's labelled as Rainbow Toys,these are Maisto/MC Toys castings.

Total cost including postage-FREE

AKp1EKu.jpg

4Akyw70.jpg

Thank's to 155V6 these arrived today. My Brother a happy Man! Will redirect some coinage to a obvious worthy cause as gratitude. 

All I have left of my Priestman :-(    I loved that toy .... :-D  I lost a track ,whilst digging in the garden , and spent days that turned into weeks , looking for it, never did find it  :-(

attachicon.giffast cars 023.jpg

Egg wanna swap for all of these  Superking crane, tyre loose,    corgi forklift ,  and P38 range rover ,made in China?

attachicon.giffast cars 024.jpg

attachicon.giffast cars 025.jpg

attachicon.giffast cars 026.jpg

attachicon.giffast cars 026.jpg

attachicon.giffast cars 028.jpg

attachicon.giffast cars 030.jpg

Sounds like a deal, I'll PM you.

Still need to shift some diecast.

Solido 205, mint, boxed, the red side strip and tail flash decals have been fitted.

£7 posted.

post-5243-0-73565800-1534623032_thumb.jpg

post-5243-0-58890100-1534623126_thumb.jpg

Toyota Corolla T Sport, lhs door mirror missing and crack in clear plastic case.

£7 posted

post-5243-0-85776200-1534623288_thumb.jpg

post-5243-0-48433000-1534623340_thumb.jpg

Vanguards mk1 Fiesta XR2. Brand new, only got out for the pics. RHD. Examples are currently up for strong money on ebay, looking for £22 posted.

post-5243-0-75542100-1534623517_thumb.jpg

post-5243-0-51784900-1534623560_thumb.jpg

This Dinky I might not be selling cheaply, is this a bit rare? Dinky 431? Someone shatter my illusions.

attachicon.gifDSCF9455.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCF9456.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCF9457.JPG

I'm thoroughly confused by the 'what's it worth' assessments.  Before eBay, my old playworn 2nd hand Dinky lorries from the immediately pre and post war period were selling for about £30 each at toy fairs.  Now, I doubt that they'd make a tenner each.  Fortunately, I'm not selling. I bought them from an Oxfam shop in Southsea for 3d each in 1961.

Edit: Thinking about it, it may not have been Oxfam.  It was a small toy shop on Highland Road near the cemetery.  It had a glass case in the entrance which displayed a few 2nd hand toys.

Still need to shift some diecast.

Solido 205, mint, boxed, the red side strip and tail flash decals have been fitted.

£7 posted.

20180804_194918.jpg

20180804_195008.jpg

Toyota Corolla T Sport, lhs door mirror missing and crack in clear plastic case.

£7 posted

20180804_213820.jpg

20180804_213943.jpg

Vanguards mk1 Fiesta XR2. Brand new, only got out for the pics. RHD. Examples are currently up for strong money on ebay, looking for £22 posted.

I'll take the Corolla please. I am paid on Friday, is it ok to wait until then? I will fire over the dosh first thing Friday morning.

I'm thoroughly confused by the 'what's it worth' assessments. Before eBay, my old playworn 2nd hand Dinky lorries from the immediately pre and post war period were selling for about £30 each at toy fairs. Now, I doubt that they'd make a tenner each. Fortunately, I'm not selling. I bought them from an Oxfam shop in Southsea for 3d each in 1961.

Edit: Thinking about it, it may not have been Oxfam. It was a small toy shop on Highland Road near the cemetery. It had a glass case in the entrance which displayed a few 2nd hand toys.

When I first started buying at Swapmeets at the end of the 1980s, Dinky and Corgi items from the 1950s to the early 1970s were all the rage. Around £90 to £100 was the norm for an example which was mint and boxed but of no particular rarity. Thankfully I could still afford restorable examples at about £3 to £4.

Nowadays though, the former remain on the stallholders' tables for sometimes years, and there is little interst in the latter. I think its because the collectors of these pieces are all getting older and passing away.

Rarer 1/24 Bburagos and Polistils, especially boxed, mint and boxed Superfast/kings, Majorettes, Guisval/Guiloy, Sikus, Norev and other makes from the 1970s and 1980s are now commanding strong money due to the audience moving into their 30s and 40s and being able to replace the toys of their youth or have the ones which their pocket money didn't stretch to when they were children.

Whilst I love my inherited Dinky and Corgi Collection from my Dad and 2 Uncles, I sold off most of the similar items which I had bought myself about 30 years ago and lacked that sentimental value of the family heirlooms. The only cars from this batch which I kept were those which were relevant to my youth from the early 1980s such as Triumphs 1300 and 2000 and a Renault 16.

The problem with Dinky was illustrated at the show I went to yesterday. In the gift shop was a mint boxed Atlas reproduction Leyland Octopus for £20. Just outside was a stall with a genuine Dinky, boxed but quite chipped, and it was marked up at £70. To the casual collector, the repro would display better, is a fraction of the price and hardly anyone would know it wasn't original so why buy the real one? That guy's stall was full of Dinky toys but I didn't see him sell anything all day. I guess it's an age thing - that event was mostly full of young families who have no attraction to stuff that old.