Shite in Miniature II

Split_Pin

Anyone remember that battered Matchbox Speedkings Mustang Funny Car 'Gus's Gulper' that I was looking shot of?

20180610_211209.jpg

Well, Sheffcortinacentre happened to pick it up, and - it's been transformed into that rarest of things, a model of a UK funny car; and better yet, a MkIII Cortina!

20180726_211039.jpg

20180726_211118.jpg

20180726_211135.jpg

Sheff emailed me the pics last night, pointing out that it's been the first time in five years he's tried his hand at a bit of modding and he's keen to get back in the game again. It's not quite finished yet, with a blower scoop and front valance needed, but it's looking good!

I'd be interested in seeing just how this was put together, as the shell looks like it's started off as a Corgi Cortina GXL (the Graham Hill one) but it seems to have been grafted on with part of the Mustang rear somehow, as the hinges to the rear appear the same.

It's rare to see any diecast of a British dragster (Corgi's 'Wild Honey' is the only one that springs to mind), so top marks for getting stuck in and creating something unique!

Looks great with the Dinky Ford D-series flatbed conversion, too.

20180726_211017.jpg

Yes plz

Just fire me over a pm with your details bramz7 and I will send you my paypal address. 

^^^ Nice model, that - if I didn't already have a Vitesse Safrane in Series 2 flavour, I probably would have jumped in there too... ooosh.

Thank's, I've got all the Vitesse MK1 Renault Meagne's bar the Scenic and a MK1 Kangoo Van and a Face lifted MK1 Laguna Hatch but had them since new so will be keeping them.

Thanks yes was one of those cheap yellow ones from about 10 year's ago have around a doz of them & the common jam sandwich corgi ones for conversions.

Done loads in the past est's,pick-up's, motorsports, aswell as mates cars mainly 1/43 & 1/76.

Made one of those ^^^ dinky transits into a beavertail & a similar matchbox CF ambulance into a beavertail too.

Can't figure out how to do pics unless there's a numpty guide how to?

Can get them on to this I pad thing but not onto autoshite?

Superb stuff Junkman.

Without wishing to turn this thread into another ebay tat thread for mini shite (perhaps we need* one?), 22 vehicles here for £15 seems a good deal for someone a few interesting bits in there.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Eko-Herpa-Wiking-miniature-plastic-car-lot-1-87-scale-suitable-for-Hornby/323361377510

s-l500.jpg

That Wiking unverglast Cola lorry alone is worth 30.

Edit: It's the Eko copy, which is only* worth 20.

Ok, I'll do a buy, and see if I can get my money back and distribute a few on here for non-stupid prices. Thanks.

I'm being cheeky and made an offer (too greedy probably)

Superb stuff Junkman.

Without wishing to turn this thread into another ebay tat thread for mini shite (perhaps we need* one?), 22 vehicles here for £15 seems a good deal for someone a few interesting bits in there.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Eko-Herpa-Wiking-miniature-plastic-car-lot-1-87-scale-suitable-for-Hornby/323361377510

s-l500.jpg

I've had an offer of £9.99 accepted, £12.94 in total. Once I get them I'll have a sift and expect to offer a few on here.

I've had an offer of £9.99 accepted, £12.94 in total. Once I get them I'll have a sift and expect to offer a few on here.

Might be interested in that Yellow Crane if it's one you would consider selling? I've got a few 1:87 HO scale vehicles myself. I only had a couple of cars a few years back then went a bit crazy on buying Herpa, Busch and Wiking. 

Was wanting to build a Diorama for them but it's waiting on space, time and more cash!