Shite in Miniature II

Split_Pin

Lovely.....I, too, have had plastic Citroen in-comage last weekend.   Found in 50p box at a steam rally.....

attachicon.gifDSCF5376.JPG

KDN plastic, approx 1/43.   KDN is the trademark of Kaden, a Czech make.  I think this might possibly be from the run of re-issues in the 1980s rather than a 60s original.   Never mind, I am very pleased.   

Kaden used old Politoys and Norev tools, but sadly injected the latter with non warping plastic.

Any interest in a HO Pontoon by Wiking, or are you focusing mainly on the Fintails?

attachicon.gif20180426_080434.jpg

Or indeed, anything else in there?

Planning on getting shot of them for cheaps at the next car boot sale I can get to... though may chance my arm online with the Minix.

Would be interested in the Minix cars and the Lima Capri.

What I really want but can't seem to find anywhere is a Lima Fiat 131. Have they all gone the way of the real ones?

^^^ Apologies - a job lot deal has been struck with Mr Rocker for the box in its entirety! Should have updated this post sooner, my fault.

The Minix are really nice; I'd planned on collecting more of them, but like so much else, these ended up in the attic for 15 years...

Never seen any of the Lima Fiats - they sound nice, even if the mouldings might be a smidge approximate (if the Capri and Merc are anything to go by)

^^^ Apologies - a job lot deal has been struck with Mr Rocker for the box in its entirety! Should have updated this post sooner, my fault.

The Minix are really nice; I'd planned on collecting more of them, but like so much else, these ended up in the attic for 15 years...

Never seen any of the Lima Fiats - they sound nice, even if the mouldings might be a smidge approximate (if the Capri and Merc are anything to go by)

Not to worry, I'm sure Mr Rocker will give them a good home and anyway I have too much stuff already and shouldn't really be buying any more. Minix stuff is very good for its age and they chose some odd subjects like that Simca and a Rambler Classic. have you seen my restorations earlier in the thread using Oxford bits?

Minix stuff is very good for its age and they chose some odd subjects like that Simca and a Rambler Classic. have you seen my restorations earlier in the thread using Oxford bits?

I don't believe I have... I'll have a look for those! Sounds right up my alley, so to speak.

I've just bought this:

703481035.jpg

I've really no idea why I stayed in to live bid, when I've some decking to be getting on with outside, as I wasn't overly bothered about winning it. That said, it was less than £8 delivered, so I guess that's not too bad a price. 

I've got one or two others on my watch list that end tomorrow, so let's see if I'm equally silly then....

Look what's back from the grave!

post-17021-0-62399400-1526558685_thumb.jpg

I decided to fish the glass out of the bin, since if I didn't, Sod's Law dictates that I'd find another one with broken glass. I found the snapped shell first. 

...and since there was nothing to lose, started sanding, filing and gluing. 

post-17021-0-80326300-1526559364_thumb.jpg

With the doors glued shut it feels as rigid as any other one piece casting. 

Missed out on this, which is a shame:

788395236.jpg

It made a shade over £15 though, plus I'd have had to pay postage, so too much brass for me to justify as an element of whimsy.

That said, I did bag this though (despite previous comments of shonky build quality):

703484696.jpg

And also this!

788388330.jpg

Of which the novelty of accompanying little plastic luggage was the deal sealer:

788388395.jpg

A shade under £24 is not too bad for these two and the Polizei Taunus, I reckon. Hopefully Mrs_Jon will be in full agreement. Sometimes joint accounts aren't the best ideas in the world....

Look what's back from the grave!

attachicon.gifpilen-fiesta-broken.jpg

I decided to fish the glass out of the bin, since if I didn't, Sod's Law dictates that I'd find another one with broken glass. I found the snapped shell first. 

...and since there was nothing to lose, started sanding, filing and gluing. 

attachicon.gifpilen-fiesta-painted.jpg

With the doors glued shut it feels as rigid as any other one piece casting. 

Nice job, but my missus would have gone bat-shit if I did my stuff without covering the table up first...

I have that 12 and I think its fantastic. I think the complaints were around the casting at the front which appears to curve upwards ever so slightly.

However for me it totally captures the character of the original and I think its great that Atlas have released a copy of a later French Dinky.

I remember as a 10 year old in 1990 excitedly opening an original one of these at a Swapmeet and being crestfallen when I was told it was £55. The 1/1 scale version would have been worth less then.

I do actually have a maroon plastic Norev one back in the UK - just remembered!

827c7dc3.JPG

Like this one but darker, of course. And not boxed. I've no idea when I'll next visit the UK but I'll be sure to try and get to see/take home as much as my remaining interesting childhood toys, including my 1980's Sikus.