Shite in Miniature II

Split_Pin

Thanks Junkman, they're the first I've done for maybe 20 years. It's vide grenier (car boot sale) season here now so I hope

to be doing some more repaints soon :)

The Ami is my first plastic Norev. There will be more.

That H you have is the mutts nuts, it's just so delightfully fucked.

Here it is again:

post-18019-0-42942600-1524761353_thumb.jpg

Lovely.

Not sure why, other than I could but I've just paid for this:

726880194.jpg

Bought off Trademe and came with free delivery. Didn't know there were any Atlas Dinky's over here and the seller has 3 more at fair prices, including a 12 Gordini, which looks OK at about a tenner, delivered.

He also has a few Bulgarian Matchboxes, which I'll admit I wasn't aware of. I quite like this one, for the wheel incongruity:

772027055.jpg

And this one, for its bizarre bronze paint job:

773526318.jpg

EDIT: After finding the links and uploading them, I couldn't resist them so decided to buy these two, too. If my calculations are right, I should have all 3 delivered for just over £19, which probably isn't too bad by UK standards but is a minor miracle by the small NZ market standards. I'll be sure to labour this point vigorously to my wife when they arrive.....

I have the Atlas 12, its not the best casting they did but the overall spirit of the original is captured, helped by the correct details.

That Berliet is lovely, I would love one in my collection, I will investigate.

I have a Bulgarian Matchbox MK4 Cortina with non-opening front doors and beige paint job.

Update: Having spotted a potential rift betwixt myself and my wife (see aforementioned purchases), I decided the best thing to do was to throw more funds into the pot, to quell any potential disagreement. In short, I've ordered her some shoes she wanted. 

And now to go and attempt to fix her car....

I got all the way through the photos before it clicked where the Norev name came from, fantastic photos - I have never come across any reference to the Norev factory before.  Seeing them all boxed in those flimsy clear packs really takes me back to my Dutch holidays and French school trips of the 60s and 70s.   Want. More.  Plastic.

I got all the way through the photos before it clicked where the Norev name came from, fantastic photos - I have never come across any reference to the Norev factory before.  Seeing them all boxed in those flimsy clear packs really takes me back to my Dutch holidays and French school trips of the 60s and 70s.   Want. More.  Plastic.

Agreed. The see through plastic packs made the contents more immediately attractive than the typical cardboard boxes of Solido, Dinky, Corgi etc.  I had not heard of Norev until Dad took us on our first continental family holiday in 1963 or 4.  Vauxhall Victor FB estate (white with a dark green roof) loaded with camping gear, Dad, Mum, me, my brother and an aunty - 3 days to get to Saint Aygulf via the old Brenner Pass. Norevs were in abundance in a toyshop next to the camp site.  I bought several but only the R4 van and 2cv have survived. My brother still has a Simca ambulance (estate car type, complete with stretcher), a 2cv van, Renault Estafette and possibly a few others. He has recently moved from Bucks to Penzance, so there's no chance that I'll be seeing them again soon, if at all.