Shite in Miniature II

Split_Pin

There's been some painting going on lately.  Some of my resto projects have colour on them now, and all but three have primer.  Unfortunately I broke the A pillar on the Rover 2000, I think before I go any further with that one I'll have to see if I can cobble up a replacement.  Or, here's a thought, anyone want to take it on for the cost of postage?  The body's in etch-primer and the interior is missing, and of course it's dismantled anyway.

1/18 BOTHERERERS

I am moving house. I have more than one 1/18 model which I am aware I am unlikely to do much with other than put in the loft. I understand some may have value while most are worthless.

I reckon I have another two Spitfires and at least three more MX5s somewhere too.

Any ideas on value/worth on ebay/anyone looking for any of them?490673e732bf50367a8e2a0b3a918352.jpg1cb2e7b5b82e0dfbcf5c127a7d325b96.jpg4d945822f3afc83522c3917567a76e8a.jpgbd530c67ec8f3a15651a254ea7a2992a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I think you might be surprised at the value of some of it, I had a clear out when my folks sold their house, I had loads of 1/18 stuff, the NSU TT you've got there I had those ones IIRC I got about £17-18 for it. The Spitfire, again I had that one, got a good £20 odd quid for it. The stuff I found was fetching the money was saloon car stuff. The big bburagos were a bit of a challenge to shift if they were cars people would easily relate to like Jaguar SS100S etc.

I had loads of 1/24 chod from bburago, again the value wasn't a lot, I passed th em on to IainL of this forum.

I'd collected that sort of stuff for years but I've nowhere to display it. I've also a car mad 4 year old that would have probably broken them at some point or other so I sold the lot and used the money to buy more 'age appropriate' stuff. ironically she's turned out to be an avid Matchbox enthusiast so we spent it on cornering that market instead.

I'd say 75% of it you are looking £15-25 a piece for which will really add up.

At a glance, about £15 for the Bburagos and Maistos, £30 for the boxed Spitfire, about £40 for the blue Pajero, £40 for the MX5.

Revell models are nice pieces, unsure on price for the Prinzs though.

The UH Defender is scene taxed, check ebay for that one, Im guessing 60 upwards.

There is one in particular which may be worth more than all the Bburagos added together though. The Autoart Mitsubishi Evo should go on ebay, I would suggest between £150 and 2 ton for that. The other Autoart models are also good, around £50 each for these. Jist checked the Black Pajero and its also rare, theres one on atm for £150.

Facebook Diecast pages can actually be pretty good for shifting Bburagos and Maistos.

Given the volume of good models you have there, I could alternatively suggest renting a stall at Falkirk Swapmeet. Being a newbie there with fresh stock, the other traders will jump at your models for their own collection and give you a reasonable price. That was my experience anyway.

Just beware of certain collectors who go every month and will try and rip you off by flattering you with interest in about 5 or 6 models but then make you a lowball offer, masked by the number they are buying. I learned that one quickly.

I reckon I've got a dark green MX5 and a metallic blue facelift MX5 as well as that silver one. The Spitfires were daft money last time I looked, I've got them in black, white and green.

I'll need to check them all for condition, some are better than others but most are mint.

I don't mind lowball offers from you guys but I may need to nick the wife's ebay account if some of them are strong money.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk