Shite in Miniature II

Split_Pin

The internet is wonderful. Someone else has a collection of them!  (1/77 scale plastic cars ref. my post 5818)

http://www.modellino.ch/77.html

Edit: I also happen to have the Rolls Royce Silver Cloud on the next page of the link.  Clearly this chap has impeccable taste.

Edit: Bloody hell, he's even got a better collection of the 1/70 scale F1 cars than I have!  Amazing!

Look what I got... in 1:16!

OOyUYfC.jpg

Oh yeah, that's right. The absolute peak of the British* motor industry. Tell you what though, this is one hell of a model. The detailing is superb and it's got tons of fun stuff like a parcel shelf which comes up with the boot lid, folding mirrors, an opening sunroof and seatbelts with little chromed buckles. It's perfectly put together too - not a sloppily applied decal in sight. 

It even comes with a little plastic tool for opening the doors. 

CScFo4X.jpg

1:16 is a weird scale to choose, but it's got a bit of presence. If you fancy it MG are punting them out for £30+post on eBay in several colours. Well, one colour and a bunch of greys.

Look what I got... in 1:16!

OOyUYfC.jpg

Oh yeah, that's right. The absolute peak of the British* motor industry. Tell you what though, this is one hell of a model. The detailing is superb and it's got tons of fun stuff like a parcel shelf which comes up with the boot lid, folding mirrors, an opening sunroof and seatbelts with little chromed buckles. It's perfectly put together too - not a sloppily applied decal in sight. 

It even comes with a little plastic tool for opening the doors. 

CScFo4X.jpg

1:16 is a weird scale to choose, but it's got a bit of presence. If you fancy it MG are punting them out for £30+post on eBay in several colours. Well, one colour and a bunch of greys.

It's an incredible model in every aspect.

Why don't they spend this tooling effort on something nice, though?

Yes indeed, I have bought all three whilst browsing in newsagents, couldn't resist them. Next one is a Beetle I believe. I'm not going to subscribe though although I would have liked to get the replica Dinky garage. Strange though that they advertise the garage with three Spot-On cars! Or is that their next series?

I have a couple of UK Atlas models, the Mini Traveller and the Leyland Octopus tanker but its the 2 French Atlas Dinkys that got from ebay which I really like. I have a Renault 12 Gordini and Peugeot 204. I recall a 10 year old me picking up a real Dinky 12 Gordini at a Swapmeet about 30 years ago and being crestfallen wjen the stallholder told me it was £55.

I'm a tad late for the Norev lovefest but remembered that I had some sitting in a storage box so thought I would take some snappies for your goodselves. I think that I bought these years ago on day trips to Calais etc and then smuggled them into the country. My mum was always convinced that HMRC would catch the miscreant schoolboy and punish him severely, lol. Also added a Solido 504 and a Mebetoys Fiat 128 just because they were in the same box.

post-20719-0-97793700-1517329861_thumb.jpg

post-20719-0-61714400-1517329895_thumb.jpg

post-20719-0-67498900-1517329924_thumb.jpg

post-20719-0-50756200-1517329961_thumb.jpg

post-20719-0-56451200-1517329996_thumb.jpg

post-20719-0-98143300-1517330027_thumb.jpg

post-20719-0-67148000-1517330061_thumb.jpg

post-20719-0-02576000-1517330100_thumb.jpg

It's an incredible model in every aspect.

Why don't they spend this tooling effort on something nice, though?

You can also get large scale models of the facelift MG6 and the China only second generation one as well. Think of the cars you can't get decent models of but you can get three different versions of the MG6, which is something you wouldn't think there would be much demand for at all even in China.

Obviously, I've ordered one.

Nürnberg, Nürnberg, Nürnberg!

Today the Spielwarenmesse opened its doors.

As every year, my agents are deployed and I will report as soon as they provide me with anything interesting*.

Naturally my emphasis will be on 1/18 and 1/24-25, but please feel free to let me know if you would like

to learn about the news in other scales.

Since the model kit thread has for some weird reason only the staff can comprehend relegated to the off section,

I'm unsure whether I shall post kit news there or here for consistency.