Shite in Miniature II

Split_Pin

Volvo 760 was pretty well covered in miniature: Corgi, Matchbox, Majorette and Siku all produced their own small-scale versions.

Corgi: Volvo 760 GLE

attachicon.gifVolvo 760 GLE Corgi.jpg

Matchbox: Volvo 760

attachicon.gifVOLVO_760_(1989_ROW).jpg

Majorette: Volvo 760 GLE

attachicon.gifVolvo_760_GLE_-_Majorette_-_Bleu_clair_métal_B_3S2.jpg

Siku: Volvo 760 GLE

attachicon.gifvolvo 760 GLE Siku.jpg

Kinda surprising that nearly all major manufacturers thought that the kiddies would be wanting a toy version of a Swedish luxobarge... but maybe they were right. Odd that no-one made an estate version in this scale though, as I would have thought they would have been the more common sight on the road.

Volvo 245 DL was also punted out by both Corgi Juniors and Majorette.

attachicon.gifVolvo 245DL Corgi.jpg

attachicon.gifVolvo_245_DL_Majorette.jpg

There's a Maisto 740/760 as well,it's really narrow though  :?

Its actually an Oldsmobile Omega, an odd looking US compact with 4 or 6 cylinder engines. Its an insanely odd choice of subject, possibly the oddest ever as even the Americans don't remember them fondly. 

X-platform aficionados probably know but there was a decent Hot Wheels Chevrolet Citation that would go nice with these.....

Some majorette stuff is worth insane amounts of money. Simca 1100s and Fiat 127s for example...as well as the Citroen SM.

However a lot is still ignored. Good for me as I plan on building a sizeable collection.

Think I'll have over 30 soon, if not now.

Got some more interesting stuff incoming.

I have both but sold the 127 for a quid a few weeks ago! Bumz! Thankfully it went because it was tatty and I already have a better condition one.

My mate had that Olds Omega - it met its fate in a fly-press in his dad's workshop.

Was your flimsy plastic yacht yellow and blue? If it was, I had the same one coupled with a colour-matched Honda Accord.

Yes it is! I have a yellow Accord, maybe Ill display the boat with it for a bit!

My favourite Majorette is the Simca 1308 GT in bronze. The badges have the correct font, the front lights are just right and the colour sets it off in my opinion.

X-platform aficionados probably know but there was a decent Hot Wheels Chevrolet Citation that would go nice with these.....

Not Hotwheels and also not so small but here's a really half-arsed Citation I bought on our US road trip last year:

39681224022_9d6f62641a_b.jpg

Couldn't resist the low quality, built down to a price manufacture. Made in Hong Kong for ERTL, according to the yellowing box.

Eddy that MO Oxford is superb, on my bucket list together with the Austin Devon and Phase 1 Standard Vanguard.

Did Dinky ever do a Jowett Javelin or an I imagining that?

I don't know of a Dinky Javelin, but it's possible it might have slipped past me; Jowett were extinct before I was born.  I remember having the Devon and the Vanguard many years ago, but I have a feeling I let them go in a job lot I flogged off around the end of my teens.

I would love both a Javelin and a Jupiter but at £150 or so for one of those, its not gonna happen. I had a white metal Rover P5 once, think it was a Lansdowne or Sommerville or something like that. Very very heavy but not that detailed, a bit disappointing I thought. I sold it some years ago.

The Spot-On is a lovely thing.   I agree with Split Pin about the white metal gear, it doesn't appeal to me at that sort of price.  I bought a Mikansue white metal kit of a Facel II once, honestly I have had more luck getting a good finish on old Corgis which have been chucked repeatedly on a playground then rubbed on a brick wall.....  

There is a Spanish EKO HO scale P5 saloon too.... 

Ref. the Citation, mine is bronze but they did a blue,red and white one as well, can't remember the logo on it as I don't have that one any longer.

Another vote against the white-metal models.  I can't justify the price of most diecasts, never mind WMs!  So I guess I'll just have to dive into these restorations and make something decent out of what I already have.  There's a queue of about two dozen waiting for their baths...

Crikey that reminds me I assembled 2 K&R replicas white metal Dolomites 20 years ago. Absolutely awful. I'm no expert but I can make a model look half decent if I try but these just fought me all the way. One was a 1300 and the other was a Sprint. The bodyshell of the former was buckled and the headlights were missing in the kit of the latter . Both now long gone thankfully

Once ive gotten over buying my big 1/1 scale motor I wouldnt mind a go at this malarky :)

I did models once but they are quite fragile and take up too much space :(

I have got a Dinky Mini Clubman somewhere that i kept painting with Rimmel when i was bored!

Think thats got a screw on base could be worth a go restoring?

DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!

the dinky clubman does indeed just screw together and unlike sone corgi/matchbox major models the doors aren't riveted onto the main part of the model.

this is the police one i got cheap off of a member here, and promptly attacked it with a paintbrush

post-18270-0-41376900-1516054733_thumb.jpg

post-18270-0-85166000-1516054779_thumb.jpg

DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!

the dinky clubman does indeed just screw together and unlike sone corgi/matchbox major models the doors aren't riveted onto the main part of the model.

this is the police one i got cheap off of a member here, and promptly attacked it with a paintbrush

attachicon.gifDSCN4944.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN4945.JPG

Quality mug action in the background