Shite in Miniature II

Split_Pin

I think you'd want a beavertail on that rather than a flat, by which I presume you mean a sliding bed.  Beavertail would be age-appropriate for the chassis.  There appears to be a generator/tool cabinet behind the cab, which will probably need to be cut away to give you some more bed length.  A beavertail shouldn't be hard to cobble up from the deck of a scrap car-transporter trailer, which are in rummage boxes at almost every toyfair.  You might even find one in your local charity shop!  Looking forward to seeing it when you've done! :)

Got one of those Home Bargains Lancia Lybras today. Great detail for £2.99, I also love bland 1990s cars and this is near the top of that game!

attachicon.gifIMG_20171220_170219_870.jpg

I remember buying some Home Bargains Renault diecasts for pocket money prices about 10 years ago. Had a Renault 12, Renault 8 and a Renault Dauphine. Trouble was, being a kid, I wrecked em. One of many things I regret because it’s probably the closest I’ll get to owning any of the three...

Some recent purchases. The K70s seemed to go unnoticed by eBay, as I got them with three other Majorettes for £5!

Only got another 8 in the post. Damn this addictive buying.

Is that an Alfa 75 in the middle of the third row? 604 middle top? I like the Citroen van.

All of this reminds me that I must get the Tipo off to you.

Is that an Alfa 75 in the middle of the third row? 604 middle top? I like the Citroen van.

All of this reminds me that I must get the Tipo off to you.

Yep and yep! The 604 is a Norev effort, hence the size discrepancy.

The Citroen van was really cheap too but it's more or less a perfect representation, I suspect it was bought from a tourist tat shop at one stage.

No rush with the Tipo either, I forgot I own my actual one at times.

attachicon.gif20171222_223530.jpg

attachicon.gif20171222_223451.jpg

attachicon.gif20171222_223415.jpg

attachicon.gif20171222_223306.jpg

Some recent purchases. The K70s seemed to go unnoticed by eBay, as I got them with three other Majorettes for £5!

Only got another 8 in the post. Damn this addictive buying.

I think I've got most of those,the K70s came in loads of colours,I think you could get them with round or oblong headlights.My Vans are Fiat flavoured  :-D

2d1RVN0.jpg

Bbojf8a.jpg

I remember buying some Home Bargains Renault diecasts for pocket money prices about 10 years ago. Had a Renault 12, Renault 8 and a Renault Dauphine. Trouble was, being a kid, I wrecked em. One of many things I regret because it’s probably the closest I’ll get to owning any of the three...

I think these were ex-French magazine part-work cars - no Home Bargains near me at the time, but I picked up all the cars you mentioned (blue R12, yellow R8, terracotta Dauphine?) in TK Maxx back in 2007, plus a few others. Probably imported in bulk and snapped up by discount retailers, like with Poundland and the Russian models a few years ago.

They still crop up fairly often at toy fairs for not that much - £5 to £7 opened, £10 sealed round these parts - so keep an eye out and you might be able to replace the wrecked ones!

Awesome, Bren.   I had one of those but stupidly sold it before I even got to display it.   Arse.    

Mrs Rocker generally buys me die-cast for Xmas.   She sorts it out with a local toy dealer a few miles away. 

This year she mentioned one of the items was on "lay-away" and she couldn't afford it all at once.   Naturally, I was intrigued.    I was a very happy bunny this morning..... 

post-5367-0-95142000-1514227649_thumb.jpg 

post-5367-0-83417500-1514227754_thumb.jpg 

Excellent pension use, I reckon!