Shite in Miniature II

Split_Pin

Another fine delivery from our erstwhile purveyor of tip-top Shite in Miniature Mr Craig_mk2.

Its a 1/12 scale Citroen AX by Vullierme of France. Dealer only I believe. I am very glad to have this one as I love period promotional models from this era. post-3238-0-53692100-1509135343_thumb.jpg

It also means that the similar Citroen BX that I bought from our own Vantman about a year ago now has a friend:

post-3238-0-40147900-1509135587_thumb.jpg

*dons asbestos breeks*

I also couldn't resist* these 2 fine pieces of 1990s American tat from a Facebook Group:

post-3238-0-49646300-1509135695_thumb.jpgpost-3238-0-12484500-1509135743_thumb.jpg

I tihnk I have those plus loads of other Solidos from that era, they used to be 99p each for ages. Bloody lovely models too but as said seemingly quite difficult to sell on and cheap for what they are. I may have to check that FB group not that I need to buy more models. Hang on, I do need more and have just had a fairly successful weekend on the Ebay so the postie will be knocking on my door for much of this week.

I've had no major issues finding Matchbox; Poundland carries them, as do the big supermarkets round here.  I have that 69 Cadillac, in red.  It's been issued in several different colours, a real completist could spend an awful lot of money trying to keep up!

I haz done not one but two buyages of model shite! Continental buyages at that.

I was trying not to spend anything unnecessarily this month (more £ for the Capri kitty) but saw these and just couldn't help myself.

I'll post pics when they arrive of course but for now I'll just say - one of them is a Polistil and the other is a Stahlberg... oh, and they'll make Ghosty jealous!!

Easy to guess what they are from that I suppose. I've been looking for nice ones of these for a while now and now I have them!

I have a bad habit of buying yet more models that I don't really need. Except the voices in my head tell me that I do need them and thus this is what happens.

You and me both!  I've got two (two more) parcels incoming from Shiters in the next few days, and the first of three from ebay has got here.  I'm a dead man.

That Pontiac station wagon is glorious.

One for you Sd1 lickers out there....

As lovely as this is, I could never spend £160 on a model of a car I've bought and sold many full size examples of for similar money.

Although I once bought an A reg 2000 auto with 6 months ticket for £40 in the same week I sold a D reg Twin Plenum Vitesse for £4,000. Can't be many cars whose bottom and top of the range values were so different . FathaN ran that 2000 for about 3 years too.

You and me both!  I've got two (two more) parcels incoming from Shiters in the next few days, and the first of three from ebay has got here.  I'm a dead man.

That Pontiac station wagon is glorious.

I had two more parcels arrive yesterday, a 1966 racing Chevy Nova from Australia and a nice old Dinky Rapier. Then I went and bought another Dinky Bedford! Sigh.

The Pontiac is lovely, I have a soft spot for a Pontiac and have owned a few. Plus I do love a wagon, back in 1977 I bought a '58 Chevy Yeoman two door wagon as a project for £100. It was a bit rusty but not rotten but sadly I never did anything with it. But it's alive and well and resides in Finland where it cruises with a 350/350 combo, disc brakes, 17" wheels, grey leather interior etc. One of the two cars that I regret selling.