Shite in Miniature II

Split_Pin

attachicon.gifimage.jpegattachicon.gifimage.jpeg

What now?

I've just stripped 60 odd years of paint from this, one of my Dad's old Dinkys. I bought a couple of Poundshop aerosols at the same time as the fake Nitromors. Can I just blow it over with topcoat or should I prime it? I don't want to much paint on it and lose detail. I'm even thinking about striping them all( box of about 20) and just laquering and buying some tyres off eBay, saying that, what's the worse that can happen if I just leave it bare?

I'm only doing this because of generations of abuse and childish repaints by my Dad, me and my brothers, cousins, nephews and nieces. I feel guilty cleaning them up and putting them in a cabinet instead of being played with and kept in a scruffy cardboard box in my Grandma's kitchen.

Primer it, otherwise you may get flaking issues very quickly as the paint doean't bond to the metal, if you leave the metal bare, it will oxidise very quickly

post-5543-0-71038500-1508659058_thumb.jpg

A recent resto.

Matchbox Mk1 Mondeo.

Had the most awful wheels,thick blue paint and racing decals on it.

I could hardly tell what it was when I found it in a box of random diecast at a car boot sale recently.

Stripping the paint off revealed a lot of good detail.

So a few light coats of paint and some 70's superfast wheels later it looks fairly decent :)

Some of you might remember that I recently posted some of my childhood survivors in this noble thread.

Among other, there was this:

37623523910_59e98febb3_b.jpg

After ca 45 years, I thought it might be time to return it to its intended purpose.

Consequently some internet shopping was done and thus today I received this:

37623525220_e493419761_b.jpg

And look:

37849336812_eac9c111d2_b.jpg

37849335622_4fed680d58_b.jpg

37623521030_523e77a84a_b.jpg

In theory, this enables me to do some phamous philm scene re-enaction:

shiningsnowcatsabotagedr7.2171.jpg