Shite in Miniature II

Split_Pin

I have some of these.   I always understood them to be Hong Kong made as I got a set once with a sheet tin garage that had Made in HK printed on it.   The cars all had the same number plate  - a thing my 5 year old brain found incongruous - that and the fact that it signified a Portsmouth registration! 

I have some of these.   I always understood them to be Hong Kong made as I got a set once with a sheet tin garage that had Made in HK printed on it.   The cars all had the same number plate  - a thing my 5 year old brain found incongruous - that and the fact that it signified a Portsmouth registration! 

It's from this sort of tinplate toy:

s-l1600.jpg

they were first made in Germany, then in Hong Kong and nowadays have a resurrection

being made in various former East Block countries.

Just got this in the post, Praline Opel Manta. I have never come across any Pralines that weren't 1:87 plastic so this Diecast 1/43 is a new one on me. It also says Busch on a sticky label on the end of the box, again, I thought they only manufactured 1:87 plastic cars. The metal aerial is a nice touch. I am really pleased with this one.

post-3238-0-35537200-1495816750_thumb.jpg

post-3238-0-18671100-1495816779_thumb.jpg

Matchbox Isuzu painted to match the Mrs's old Frontera sport;

P1010004_zps82ce2f0b.jpg

I know a more detailed Siku Frontera Sport exists in the same scale, might be worth you looking for one. They're a lovely model, comes in factory red too. Only catch is they're Opel badged.

Matchbix did a non-Sport Frontera too (latte '90s/early 2000s?).

Corgi in the early 00's did do a range of cheap toys badged as Husky, there was a pseudo Volvo 850 estate police car that had a BMW style nose, and an obvious Dennis fire engine that had been uglified, plus a Renner Master ambulance with a restyled nose, and this Metrorust

Yep it is the Century Of Cars issue Solido, not a bad little thing, used to have one myself. That series does have some real dross in, I'm after the Fiesta from it, but they seemed to have vanished, it's the old Detail Cars, then Solido model in Ghia flavour

Nice auction haul there.

I popped into our local one the other day and there was a load of play-worn Dinkys, stuff like Citroen DS, Cortina Mk1, Renault 16 etc. Had an estimate of £25-50 and I suspect even at that they'd have been good value. They'd have displayed nicely with a bit of sympathetic cleaning. new tyres etc, but I just can't spare the cash this month, and I don't have the time to sell off what I wouldn't have wanted.

We don't seem to have a Lego thread, or if we do I can't find it. So I thought I'd add these here. They are not as miniature as most of the stuff here but definitely smaller than the real thing.

I have a big box of Lego in the loft which contains everything I ever bought or got for birthdays, Christmas etc, but all loose with no instructions. However thanks to the wonders of the Interweb the instructions are now available so I thought I'd start rebuilding some of the stuff I know I have.

First off as I knew they were quite simple are a couple of vintage cars from the mid 70s.

These are set 390, the 1913 Cadillac, (in red) and set 391, the 1926 Renault.

post-20743-0-13058500-1496524054_thumb.jpg

post-20743-0-97198600-1496524110_thumb.jpg

post-20743-0-27827900-1496524160_thumb.jpg

I noticed after I took the pictures the front of the leaf springs had fallen off the Caddy but I do have them. Also despite emptying the box all over the floor I couldn't find all the blue roof bricks that make up the Renaults bonnet so improvised with a computer screen from my Space Lego. World's first satnav.

What I like about these is they are made from proper Lego. None of this newfangled modern stuff that has special shaped bricks for each model. It's all basic bricks but they are still recognisable for what they are.

Then I moved on to this. This is my favourite. The tractor from the original Technic series circa 1978. This is a lovely model. Really well proportioned, lovely precise rack and pinion steering (one up on real tractors of the era). And the lever just in front of the OSR wheel raises and lowers a series of different machinery which engages with the cog you can see at the rear. This is driven from one of the rear wheels.

post-20743-0-43117000-1496525438_thumb.jpg

post-20743-0-11298000-1496525588_thumb.jpg

post-20743-0-84386200-1496525661_thumb.jpg

The one I've made here was the simplest, a sort of rotating crop sprayer.

I made these about six months ago but also in my box is this:

post-20743-0-10915300-1496526132_thumb.jpg

post-20743-0-80746600-1496526352_thumb.jpg

I got this for Christmas 1978. Probably the best Christmas present a ten year old could ever hope for. Has a four cylinder engine, two speed gearbox, steering, adjustable seats, working diff. One day I will get round to rebuilding it but it's going to take a while and takes up a lot of room.

Speaking of Legoshite, check this bad MOFO out, created by myself, with home made decals,also made a burger van to go with it, and this year, Lego released a mobile pizza van, which I have in my collection tooattachicon.gifSoftee Lego frt.JPGattachicon.gifSoftee Lego interior.JPGattachicon.gifSnackvan frt.JPGattachicon.gifSnackvan int.JPG

Excellent. I remember once in middle school we had a Lego car building competition (I think it must have been end of term) and I got third prize for my representation of a Southampton City Transport Atlantean! I should try that one again.