Shite in Miniature II

Split_Pin

SOLD     Any shiter interested in this red BX14RE by 'Vullierme'.  Both front sidelamps and the front wiper are missing and it has a scratch

0n the bonnet which is not showing that well in my lousy photo. Thirteen and a half inches x five and a half inches.   SOLD.

£15.00 including packing and Myhermes carriage.      SOLD. :-D

I agree, I was looking at them too.  What a shame they went for the double cab though!  I used to drive these (we had two) at work in the 80s, but ours were single-cab.  I think I'll press on (glacially slowly) with my already-started conversions of the ambulance casting previously issued.

Vantman, just checked on eBay and there's an identical BX to yours, same condition too with the same parts missing, going for about £45 on eBay. Just want to let you know before you decide what to do, wouldn't want to rob you here!

Thanks for the info but I am happy to sell it to you for £15. You should have a PM.

MOAR yankshite.

001.jpg

Not sure why getting Mopar nomenclature straight appears to be such an impossible task, but there is no such thing as a 1961 DeSoto Adventurer.

In its final year, sir could get a DeSoto, period. Yes, a DeSoto. That's it. Nothing more. There weren't any models. There wasn't even an optional engine.

There wasn't a convertible and there was no wagon. There was a Desoto and you could have it as a 2-door or 4-door hardtop.

Anyway, this is a bit from the lower echelons of diecastage.

A face even its mother hated:

002.jpg

An attempt to continue Desoto's traditional triple taillight treatment that can't be beaten in its half arsedness:

003.jpg

Sadly my camera refuses to do the relatively nicely made interior justice:

004.jpg

The seat backs fold in the typical Mopar fashion of the day:

005.jpg

Nothing to write home about, in real life and on the model:

006.jpg

Not really a bad model, but it does need help.

Most annoying is that step that makes the roof sit about 2mm too high.

Filing this down should do a lot to the overall proportion.

Where did you score the Starfire from?

I'd rather like one to compliment the Studebaker Golden Hawk I have from the same series - same flocked packaging - same "gold" coin.

Best of all, same functional crank windows.

post-4819-0-45965500-1484514430_thumb.jpg

post-4819-0-97026800-1484514453_thumb.jpg

post-4819-0-41904900-1484514485_thumb.jpg

Outrageous fidelity for the cash, even if the grille is a little cheesy

I've just declined the chance to buy this:

s-l500.jpg

I already have a 'playworn' black example that was my favourite growing up. This 'mint' example with a shabby box was starting at £4.99, ( + £2,99 p&p)

I didn't pull the trigger because I wasn't sure if £8 could be justified.

If it's relisted.... should I?

Got this in the mail from our own Vantman. The chap is an absolute gent - despite knowing he could have got about £45 or so for the model on eBay he sold it to me for a a tiny fraction of that.

It's a huge 1/12 scale Citroen BX 14 RE made by Vullierme in France. I presume it's a promotional item if some sort and quite sought after I believe. I have placed one of my son's Hot Wheels cars next to it to indicate the scale of it.

post-3238-0-09520100-1484861248_thumb.jpg

post-3238-0-77716800-1484861284_thumb.jpg

post-3238-0-06304400-1484861340_thumb.jpg