New shite

Volksy

Keep or sell?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Keep or sell?

• Keep it?
    • Sell it?

Well I've just picked this up from my Aunt who has given up driving..

Posted Image

Its the 'big block' 1100cc SX model, comes equiped with such luxury as leccy windys, central locking (even though i can reach the passenger door without stretching), A mis-matched set of halfords trimz, sunroof etc etc..

I've put it up for sale on R-R, but to be honest, as i've grown up an a diet of small Fiats, mum had 500's, 127's and pandas, and i've had a few 126's/127's, i'd forgotton what an absolute hoot they are to drive around town..

Its quite mad getting into something so small after the Slab, bizarrely it has power steering, which if i'm honest it really doesn't need, and its the odd electric kind, which is a bit too light..

So i'm unsure about selling it, may try and live with the lack of bootspace and see how it fairs.

One freind said 'well on the image front, people will think it's your birds car, or you have a big..." :lol:

Unless its the one with the weird semi-automatic-selectamatic or whatever the hell it is gearbox, it shouldnt give a lot of grief, and they are not bad to drive. If it is the semi auto (citymatic it might be called, actually), then down it as soon as possible, I`ve never had one myself but I have heard of quite a few that have been the centre-piece of a trading standards/small claims court shindig due to the `box packing up.

As said earlier, it's only the Citymatic that really gives any grief. The 900cc 'peanut pusher' doesn't cope well with high mileage, but you've got the 1100 belt driven 'non-interference' engine with a good spec. They don't rust quickly the ride is suprisingly smooth and the only problems I had with mine were a fragile heater knob and the trip counter packed up (and some smackhead tried to ram it). Keep!!!

Thankfully its the 5 speed manual, The 1100 endows it with quite an indecent turn of speed, mind you it should as it probably only weighs about the same as a crisp packet..Does seem to corner a little top heavy, cant help thinking what it would be like with some wider wheels and better tyres on...Still undecided...dammit

I'd say that's futureshite though, there's not massive amounts of them on the road right now so they'll be obscure relatively quickly. shame you can't dry store it for 25 years and then wheel it back out, I'm sure it'd be shite then.