Please allow me to introduce myself.........

205 gti

Was talking to Mr B about 205 gti's last weekend, great cars.I just looked on ebay and there are loads on there with no MOT/Tax......guess there is a few common problems that people can't be bothered to fix.

Its the rear beam that goes on them, about £500 all in for a refurbed one fitted. So any MOT failure for rear radius arms and you know that the beam has gone and the owner has decided to cut losses.In true 'can't let a good car die' spirit mine is in the middle of having its beam replaced by yours truly and Mr Hilman Imp. The jobs nearly done now (hint hint) and it should have an MOT soon.Good to hear everyone's 205 stories - seems like a lot of people have learned to drive / crash in 205s over the years.

After I fitted a new gearbox into my 205 (old one was found to have a golf ball-sized hole in it, still worked OK like) The rear beam was of course bo11oxed. I fitted one from an 'XS' model, ride height was not quite right and the rear drums were narrower. presumably the spring rates were different as well which no doubt did the handling no good at all. Lokoed the part though when i had finished fannying about.