It wasnt always this way

Arthur-walker

I loaded the original GTA onto my secondhand IBM laptop the other day, can't be doing with all these new fangled 3D games. Then I went mountain biking down a hill I'd never seen before and fell off, some fairly serious grazing to one arm that will make quite a stylish scar in a week or two, sorry no pics.Oh and I put my hand through the other sill on the Fiesta. :roll:

So what's everyone upto this weekend then?Me, I've got a wedding to go to on Sunday, not mine fortunately! But means my 'good' suit went in for a clean earlier this week. Needs picking up from the cleaners now though. I thought I was picking it up this afternoon as mum was going to meet me in town once my colleagues had run me back from work (car still out of action till later). But it seems she's too tired so is taking a nap instead meaning the suit will have to wait till tomorrow. Hope I can still get into it & not be uncomfortable with it as put on a few pounds since I last wore it. :oops: I'm now going to have to either get the bus back to mine or see if my colleagues will take me a few miles more. Need to get back to hopefully meet up with my sister's b/f who will help me change my brake discs then I can finally get back on the road. I say finally, but it hasn't actually been that long this time, only a couple of days so far. It'll have a long way to go to beat the period following my MOT failure when I was without the car from the 4th April to 10th May & had a whole list of things to deal with & a bill estimate of £640!Mum suggested that I give Aidan a buzz & see if he can swing by here first & collect me then we can both head back to mine, kills two birds with one stone. Sounds like a good idea, although I knock off in 45 mins & knowing him he won't even be out of bed yet! :lol: Tonight I have a free evening as not seeing the other half so will probably just relax. Tomorrow not sure - collecting my suit possibly?! Whatever else takes my fancy if I'm back on my wheels! If not the g/f will have to come & pick me up in the evening to take me back to hers - she won't like that! :lol:

So what's everyone upto this weekend then?

Jersey Festival of Motoring - probably only sleeping otherwise.Apart from an auction tomorrow morning with several "Executors' Sales". My appetite has been whetted by the "11,000 mile 1979 Dolomite" that is apparently one of the lots.

So what's everyone upto this weekend then?

More building of an office at the back of my garage (where a general storage area used to be), so we can move all the computer stuff, filing cabinet and millions of car books out of Bedroom 3 to accomodate Junior - who will arrive in 8 weeks.Stud partition wall up and new light wired in already with battens and plasterboard done down one wall, so two more walls to batten/plasterboard tomorrow. Then, think about flooring - not sure if I go for a "floating floor" given there is a tiny bit of water coming in from the lower level coursing of one wall in extreme rain, or think of other ways to stop damp getting in. It's only a single-skin wall so I guess it is to be expected.

Then, think about flooring - not sure if I go for a "floating floor" given there is a tiny bit of water coming in from the lower level coursing of one wall in extreme rain, or think of other ways to stop damp getting in. It's only a single-skin wall so I guess it is to be expected.

Either build a double skin up on the outside edge, digging down about 2 foot for the foundation and using lots of DPM, or go for the floating floor option. The cost of tanking and fitting a pump would be silly really. If you can trace where the water is weeping through you could try lashings of Thompson's Water Seal - i have used it with good effect.I shall be mostly at the school fete then taking Junior swimming.

Anyone know where I can get a Betamax video player, without paying crazy ebay prices?

My loft with a load of L750 tapes - but I think its FUBAR though and needs new heads, cant remember the model number but its a Sony Beta Hi-Fi deck.

It was bloody freezing last night and i just got dressed up in my best 70s polyester suit..was just about to go out and me Mum rang from Scotland.so was half dressed..the elastic on my instant tie annoying the fuck out of me..the hippies where smoking dope in the background..Im trying to have a civilised natter with my Mum about her future holiday in Iran..i hadnt had any dinner..was cold..the phoneline was terrible or was it my 80s phone or the modem..i was trying to decide to off a family heirloom of ancient china i inherited that my auntie cant be fucked hanging onto any longer..so had to just decide sell sell sell..it was getting even colder..then the other suited hippy decides its time to go..i still havent eaten..it was only 7.30pm..i hadnt manged to shave..so we get out into the cold and hippy says im walking there..and im like fuck that..this polyester survival suit kills in 5 degrees inless than 2 mins..so i get rid of him..go and see the hippies over the road in their love nest..eventually after natters ,joints and beers and still no dinner..we jump on the BMXs and get 50 metres up the road and our other mate is just back from his pizza delivery in the Triumph 2000..so we grab some free slices of uncheesed pizza..get to the party..i bought all the beers..and the love birds proceed to polish off all my beers..leaving an empty bag..and the whole time im starving..so off to the kitchen where all i found where some gherkins..and i left them some..its even colder..the miserable fire aint doing nothing for me..i keep moaning that i want to go..nobody else will..theres no beer..im still hungry..so in the end i threw a tanty..told my love bird mates im fed up their constant cannoodling and looking like their freshly pasted wallpaper on each other..and jumped on my bike and came home...now im mad at my friends..i want out of the gang..but otherwise..its all good..Wanganui is sometimes really fucken boring so i wont suffer any disapointment about fack all happening tonite..

Found this on Trade me...$5000 ono

Posted Image

1957 Borgward Isabella Has had a repower in 1985 to a ford capri v6 3000 with mk4 zephur gearbox with o/d,motor is good with rollar rockers and a holley 4 barrel and Hi performance street cam.Has honda front seats,widened rims with 205 tires all round,could be put back to original,the whole car needs a rebuild,brakes,suspension,body,interior,I also have some spares including,bonnet,boot,chrome grill parts,windows,diffs and suspension parts,and a workshop manual and hand book.I have owned this car for 27 years and it was used as a daily driver until 1995 and has been stored ever since,with the rego on hold

On the subject of Video players, are there any experts on here?I have a Ferguson FV88 VHS recorder that was designed by Philippe Stark. It's a cool looking thing and has an ice-cream cone shaped remote, and I paid around £450 for it in the early-mid nineties. I haven't owned a TV for years (use to run it through a monitor), but it's been sat for many years unused.Found this article, but there is no other info on the tinterweb about this. Is it worth me selling?http://www.rickmaybury.com/Altarcs/Vidc ... rgfv88.htm