Add 117 to make 3!

nigel bickle

Belletts here in a fortnight, Florian awaiting collection, seemed silly not to make it a trio:-

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb290/nigelbickle/isuzu%20117/0f4f_12.jpg

Posted Image

Owners being is brusque- bordering on rude; which usually means he's hiding something -but it was pretty cheap -and rare.

This actual car has been in a magazine article a few years back -anyone got a copy -or know where I can find one. Seem to remeber it wasnt terribly complimentary...

Finally -what have I bought- I know knack all about these -other than there were 2 on Ebay!

I think 3 Isuzus is prob enough; so what obscure marque should I aim for next?

Wow, that was in classic + sportscar about 2 years ago.Thats an amazing buy NB, I couldnt believe that no-one had bid on it when i left work at 5pm last night. Luckily I was already well stressed about picking up this Volvo, or i'd have defo boshed in a bid! Superb work there. It almost looked too good to be true, i hope you can get it sorted with the seller.

Wow!Great work. I've often been tempted by these (as the two seem tro come up fairly often) but have never had big enough nads to commit. (PS. Anyone else think that the Hino's upper body looks remarkably similar to a Dolomite....)

Interesting, very interesting. I think that’s the one that was at a J.A.P.S. do a few years back, had been part of the Patrick collection and looked OK then. I took a few pic’s of it. Not sure I have the C&S article with that exact car in, but pretty sure I have one or two others with 117’s that came to the UK.

I’ll see if I can dig something out on it.

Whatever, looks a great addition to the collection!

Obscure marques to add to your collection? Maybe a pre-Nissan merger Prince? Might be able to snag one in Norway or Finland. Otherwise I’d have thought the Bubblecar Museum visit should have provided plenty of inspiration, for me that crazy Zundapp would take some beating.

I remember that car from JAE one year. The guy who owned it didn't seem to give a rats arse about it and obviously didn't look after it. It was looking pretty neglected then but thankfully doesn't appear to look much worse now. I think his description of the body being solid is a bit questionable though as I remember it being a bit rusty when I saw it. Hopefully it's not hiding anything nasty.

Thanks all. (Reg -how do you remember these things?)Ratdat -can you remeber much about the rust -i get the same feeling -esp after his 'response' (-publisized on the advert)Seller is being a dick -which is making me suspicious. Bearing in mind the auction finished at 11pm last night- 4 emails by 7am ,telling me:-Collect by Friday (3 days!) 4pm-or its offCant collect by A frame -illegal -wont permit itWont confirm brakes are dragging or not- as all 4 wheels HAVE to be off groundWont supply Bank details for payment -MUST be cash on collection by me only (ID required) before 4pm FridayPhone numbers given both wrong.Car is NOT at the address -and he wont tell me where until I get there.Cant confirm good /bad time for collection till 12 hours before.So -should I go through with it? I can do it -although its MONSTER aggravation -financially and work -wise; or should I tell him to stick his car where vaseline cant reach?Views please

It would definitely make a good hat-trick of Isuzus but that info about the seller would make me very suspicious.If you do get it, at least it will be saved and won't get worse whilst it's in the OJC/AS family so to speak.Can't help feeling it might be a pup though :? Hope I'm wrong.

If it was any old car (not that any of yours are 'any old cars') then it wouldn't be worth bothering with. But the thought that you might end up with something envy inducing means it has to be worth pursuing even at the risk of ending up with nowt (hopefully not losing any money in the process).

Sounds like he's upset at the price it sold for - what you should do is lend a trailer off someone, load it up and drive it 50 yards down the road, then unload it, stick it on the A-frame and then drive it repeatedly up and down the street, pointing and laughing at him.Cash on collection works out nicely for you in a way though - if it's a load of turd you can just leave it and give him the negative feedback of a lifetime.

I'd tell him to stick it myself. I've had a couple of negative feedbacks in the past from sellers who've made unreasonable demands after the end of the listing - now that sellers can't neg buyers you're in a much better position. Great looking car and delightfully obscure, but sounds like it could well be a bit of a pup.

If you do go through with it Nigel I do have that nice article in Classic & Sportscar - will send you off a scanned copy if you pm me.From his answers and post auction behaviour sounds a thoroughly unpleasant individual, although his feedback looks pretty good. Sounds like you fancy the car and you won it fair and square, so I'd persist and get to see the thing at least!

K. Finally got to talk to him last night- after I reorganised his incorrect phone number. Upshot is -I collect Thursday morn. I've hired a car trailer in Brum for 2 hours so I'll trailer it way -return the trailer and A frame home.He's upset at the price -got to sell it, losing storage -and clearly resents it.seems he's owned it most of its life. Initially bought in 1980, sold to the Patrick Museum, repurchased when they failed, sold to a bloke in salisbury, bought back and unused since. So -he probably loves it.Loosened a little when I mentioned Bellett & Florian -but still acting the dickhead.Pics-Thurs night.

Having read the Classic & Sportscar article and the listing again, I do have a touch more sympathy for the vendor. He does seemed to have owned the car for the majority of it's life and bought it back on at least one occasion. Sounds like he's a just character who doesn't suffer fools gladly, although once sold it's a bit childish to take your frustrations out on the buyer. Hopefully Nigel with his Isuzu collection and passion for the obscure will be the perfect recipient.

What a lovely thing - doesnt matter about the bloke that`s selling it, its not like he`s moving into your place as part of the deal or anything. You might find he`s ok once he realises you`re actually going to turn up and pay and not act like a donut, it wouldn`t be the first time someone`s got a bit bit like that about ebayers, it`s always tempting to put things like "listen don`t fuck me about or you will be reported to I don`t know the ombudsman or somebody" at the end of a listing and while most peole don`t some do.I like Hirst`s A-frame taunting idea though. Imagine the headlines in the Wolverhampton Crier/Bugle/Chronicle : "Man, 57, in 20 minute A-frame mockery ordeal"