Bus Shite

Felly Magic

First seem to be having a thing for heritage liveries, I've seen Lowestoft Corpy, Great Yarmouth Corpy, and 3 are in Eastern Counties de reg livery, and the Ipswich bus is named after a local driver and enthusiast who sadly passed. They've just done a B7RLE in York in Rider York livery, to go with a WYRCC Gemini & Yorkshire Rider Gemini. 

It was nice to see this Volvo B7 out on a Sunday. At 18 years old, time must be running out.

post-3950-0-22500200-1539539760_thumb.jpg

First in Somerset use a predominately green livery now and the whole fleet (that isnt going to be withdrawn soon) is slowly being repainted. The Wrights Gemini above was in Firsts predecessor, Badgerline's livery. Also out today was this Pointer/Dennis Dart that looked fresh out of the paint shop.

post-3950-0-32417400-1539540145_thumb.jpg

im really quite nostalgic about the Trident/ALX400s stagecoach ran in London on the 26/48/55 routes

as those where/are the 3 local bus routes and I pretty much grew up on those buses (and Routemasters on Route 73 and 38, despite being only 4 or 5 when they where withdrawn I was fucking distraught at the fact crying into my mums shirt at the time, I must of been a very weird child LOL)

and they are IMHO one of the few low floor buses that dont look totally naff. (prolly also because Stagecoach London always took pretty good care of their buses)

and I have to say it makes me feel "mighty old" to see the Tridents on ians bus stop http://www.countrybus.org/TA_Stagecoach/TA_1.htm

as I always pictured ians bus stop as a website for older buses (Iv been following ians bus stop since 2004ish)

I hope that someone preserves the Tridents, and certainly if I win the lotto or something, id be adding one to my non existent collection, along with a Routemaster and invacar of course :)

open day at the glasgow vintage vehicle trust today

http://www.gvvt.org/events/83-gvvt/events/327-open-weekend-2018

with vintage buses running around town to and from the depot

I parked up at the Riverside museum and climbed aboard

post-4462-0-56524800-1539723325_thumb.jpg

which took me to the depot on the other side of town, all of these beauties were in service ferrying visitors around town

post-4462-0-27415200-1539723368_thumb.jpg

post-4462-0-77791400-1539723398_thumb.jpg

Plenty to see in the depot

post-4462-0-74048900-1539723438_thumb.jpg

post-4462-0-10374500-1539723484_thumb.jpg

post-4462-0-69957600-1539723564_thumb.jpg

post-4462-0-96233700-1539723602_thumb.jpg

post-4462-0-84733600-1539723634_thumb.jpg

post-4462-0-60643000-1539723676_thumb.jpg

more to come...

Not seeing a lot of bus shite there! Plenty of shiny restored ones though. Much in the way of scruffy projects?

There were some but closed off from the public, in the background behind the reo speedwagon and the Atkinson truck.

First seem to be having a thing for heritage liveries,

They do in general. 3-4 years ago First had a few of their Wright decker bodies running round Manchester in all the old '60s local corporation liveries, they went as far as painting the wheels to match, and unit numbers etc in period typefaces, they looked great. Sadly for some reason they never did a SELNEC livery, and they're all gone now too.

Very fond childhood memories of the City line Leyland Nationals of the Bristol Omnibus Company. Very distinctive and claggy as feck! When they got the Leyland Lynx in 1988 it's was like you'd jumped out of a time machine way into the future! smooth and quiet (comparitively).

City Dart Ford Transits were always an experience. Interior squeaks and rattles were unbelievable. Always feel like they was going to shake themselves apart.

Optare StarRider was another decent ride. Used to live in Somerset and would travel on this very bus!

post-5607-0-64941500-1539736347_thumb.jpg

post-5607-0-58029200-1539736360_thumb.jpg

post-5607-0-07930000-1539736537_thumb.jpg

post-5607-0-35053200-1539737396_thumb.jpg

It's not the gearbox that howls believe it or not. I've a mate who served his time at Turners who spent his time converting manual Mercs to auto and rebuilding Allison AT545s. None of then howl on the bench.

Seconded. One or two of the manual 709s I drove at Kilmarnock had that distinctive howl.

Fuck, don’t tell me that.

If it had been a National, I’d have been on my way up there by now.

It's an Olympian. It is* a double deck National. Get it bought!

It was nice to see this Volvo B7 out on a Sunday. At 18 years old, time must be running out.

I am becoming increasingly aware that First Glasgow still have an awful lot of 51 plate B7Ls cutting about and some are looking pretty tidy too. 17 year old, mad spec Mk1 B7. What's not to like?

which took me to the depot on the other side of town, all of these beauties were in service ferrying visitors around town

attachicon.gifIMG_5603.JPG

Mr Gray gave me a shot of that Tayside Ailsa on one of the late afternoon runs up to the bus station. A good razz was had.

Very fond childhood memories of the City line Leyland Nationals of the Bristol Omnibus Company. Very distinctive and claggy as feck! When they got the Leyland Lynx in 1988 it's was like you'd jumped out of a time machine way into the future! smooth and quiet (comparitively).

City Dart Ford Transits were always an experience. Interior squeaks and rattles were unbelievable. Always feel like they was going to shake themselves apart.

Optare StarRider was another decent ride. Used to live in Somerset and would travel on this very bus!

Didn't you take a photo of the City Dart I had at the yard ?  That came from St Pauls

What on earth is that?!

Not Xantia lights, the indicators are separate on those, and they never had projector units like that as standard...

Thought they might be from a Fiat Stilo originally but a quick web search has revealed that I was wrong...looks to be a classic case of a coachbuilder having got a good deal on a manufacturer's back catalogue of parts bin items though...

What on earth is that?!

Not Xantia lights, the indicators are separate on those, and they never had projector units like that as standard...

Thought they might be from a Fiat Stilo originally but a quick web search has revealed that I was wrong...looks to be a classic case of a coachbuilder having got a good deal on a manufacturer's back catalogue of parts bin items though...

Vauxhall Calibra?

It's an Indcar-bodied Iveco EuroCargo under all that.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Whilst I was at the London Transport Museum I booted some kids off the bus and pretended to drive it.

Not sure if they realised but they'd left the little computer thing hooked up and although there were no instructions I managed to get it reading out all the announcements like CCTV in Operation. Most enjoyable.8eb8e168636a227f1a7c3981932f620e.jpg7ac814086f8b695e732aef5cc44f7c3d.jpg