Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

The News 24 Thread

• Please log in to reply
41736 replies to this topic

#39781 OFFLINE   ProgRocker

ProgRocker

Debt free

• Full Members
  • 2,076 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationNorwich

Posted 26 June 2017 - 10:57 AM

My Almera N16 has an MOT booked this afternoon so I spent the morning cleaning it. Because a clean car is really going to convince an MOT to pass it, isn't it?! :-D

I have always had a tradition of cleaning my cars before an MOT. Once thing that hits me is how knackering it is hand washing a car these days. Is it my age? A few months until the big four-0 now. The fact that I also have a flat to keep tidy? It never tired me after valeting my parents' Horizon or MG Maestro 1600 for pocket money some 28 years ago! :?

Anyhoo after cleaning I just checked the minor essentials such as the lights, hazards. I can just make out the red orbs reflecting on the garage door as I checked the brake lights. Lo and behold, the main offside headlight bulb was out. :shock: "Oh shit!" However when I tried to juggle the bulb around (thank heavens it wasn't like the mark 2 Reno Megane design with what I think this Almera has a few similarities) it was working again. I have had the car for nearly 7 years and incredibly never have had to replace a bulb - unless any were replaced during a garage service.

Just took a look at my last MOT certificate. It was tested at 94,060 miles. I now have 96,390 miles. I haven't driven it much in the last 2 and a half years as I'm in walking distance of my work.

One advisory from last year: 'Track rod end ball joint dust cover deteriorated but preventing the ingress of dirt front (both). [2.2.C.1c].

• Spottedlaurel, shumarialto and Coprolalia like this

Current shite: 2003 Nissan Almera SXE 2.2 dCi. (my dad thinks it's a sports car)

#39782 OFFLINE   dollywobbler

dollywobbler

Mr HubNut

• Full Members
  • 23,435 posts
  • 19 thanks

Posted 26 June 2017 - 12:54 PM

Went out for a short drive. Came back in two Malaysian cars. Easiest capers ever!

19424193_10155444208578200_4078346559170

I spotted this car in 2014.

10422464_10152519510678200_3920757966547

A few people alerted me to it on The Internet, including FOAD and a friend of the seller who lives nearby. When offered it for scrap value, I could hardly say no could I?

Has a sticky front caliper, so will probably need that replacing plus pads and discs. Bit of an engine leak, but might just be cam cover gasket. Has had head gasket replaced fairly recently. Temp gauge is still in the red, possibly from that. Even engine off.

More later!

• Heidel_Kakao, wuvvum, danthecapriman and 25 others like this

1986 Citroen 2CV6, 1989 Nissan Bluebird
1990 Proton 1.5GLS, 1997 Honda S-MX, 2001 Perodua Nippa
HubNut Blog      HubNut Vids    Twatter

#39783 OFFLINE   cros

cros

Austin J3

• Full Members
  • 2,273 posts
  • 3 thanks

Posted 26 June 2017 - 01:13 PM

For the second time in a week I'm forced to visit Standsted services, this time desperate for a leak. The garage bogs are shut and two coach loads of OAPs are heading for the main services in front of me
Good job the tool box is in the boot.
dra11534-394.jpg
Looking at the Pug next to me I'm wondering if they still use any steel for making them?

Attached Images

• IMG_20170626_115557534.jpg

• RobT, Lacquer Peel, Vince70 and 3 others like this

#39784 OFFLINE   fatharris

fatharris

• Full Members
  • 1,145 posts
  • 3 thanks

Posted 26 June 2017 - 03:34 PM

Yesterday, as is routine, the '99 Rover 220D was loaded with three blokes and their kit and hurtled 225 miles back to Portsmouth after a weekend home at legal* speeds, and as usual, didn't break a sweat or put a toe out of line.

Today, MrsH's '02 Golf 1.4 has thrown a wobbly, typically when I'm away from home for the week. She's limping it to twosmoke's garage for a plugging in now.

Fuck VWs man, pain in the arse. In the two years we've had the Rover, only the alternator has been replaced due to being too efficient and overcharging. We've had the Golf 4 months and already had a coil pack go, plus whatever this turns out to be.

• Lacquer Peel and BorniteIdentity like this

#39785 OFFLINE   Lacquer Peel

Lacquer Peel

• Full Members
  • 8,286 posts
  • 10 thanks

Posted 26 June 2017 - 03:46 PM

My friend is breaking a Mk4 1.4 Golf if you need any bits.

#39786 OFFLINE   fatharris

fatharris

• Full Members
  • 1,145 posts
  • 3 thanks

Posted 26 June 2017 - 03:53 PM

Phil is a bloody legend for squeezing us in and has definitely secured himself a 24 pack of Jaffa Cakes for this.

LP- Cheers, I'll bear it in mind, in reality assuming this is a minor issue, the only thing we really need is the bolts securing the OSR door card to the door.

I want rid of it to be honest, not a big VW fan.

IN THIS PICTURE - AN EMOTIONLESS APPLIANCE.

ALSO, A WASHING MACHINE

225837158592c16eadff91fb7e4062b0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Stanky, Sigmund Fraud, shumarialto and 1 other like this

#39787 OFFLINE   ProgRocker

ProgRocker

Debt free

• Full Members
  • 2,076 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationNorwich

Posted 26 June 2017 - 03:55 PM

Further to my last post ( # 39781) The Almera passed the MOT! 8) So the bulb issue didn't reoccur. Still got the advisories on the 2 track rod end ball joint dust covers and  further ones regarding slightly corroded rear brake pipes and an oil leak.

Trip home from the MOT test centre was marred by some cocky chav in a blue mark 2 Yaris not wanting me to merge in front of him (2 lanes into 1) and nearly causing a crash. :mad: When i looked at him through the rear view mirror he proceeded to flip his arms about like a demented seal on ecstasy, fucking cretin.

Car badly needs servicing so I'll get them sorted at the same time.

Current shite: 2003 Nissan Almera SXE 2.2 dCi. (my dad thinks it's a sports car)

#39788 OFFLINE   Lacquer Peel

Lacquer Peel

• Full Members
  • 8,286 posts
  • 10 thanks

Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:01 PM

I want rid of it to be honest, not a big VW fan.

May I be the first to say VAG SHITE?

• Sigmund Fraud, Ghosty and egg like this

#39789 OFFLINE   tooSavvy

tooSavvy

tooSerious x far..!

• Full Members
  • 4,697 posts
  • 4 thanks
  • LocationWallsend on Tyne

Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:03 PM

Bit of an engine leak, but might just be cam cover gasket. Has had head gasket replaced fairly recently.

1.3/1.5 proton engine notorious for a leak...

Quote from POC-UK

For those that are unaware of the jumbucks head gasket leak I will try to explain what little I know.

The simple problem with the 4g15 shoc motor is this:

At the front drivers side of the cylinder barrel there are two oil galleries going up to the head.

At the head there is only one gallery.

Problem: 

too much oil pressure at this spot creates a potential leak.

Solutions:

1: When replacing the head gasket, buy a quality one that has a metal ring around these holes.

2: When torquing up the stretch bolts, Do it properly and keep checking the bolts periodically as gaskets do have a tendency to "settle". 

3: De-grease the engine bay regularly and keep an eye on what and where gunk is coming from. (A can of de-greaser and hose down works for me)

4: If you are getting a leak anywhere else around the head gasket REPLACE IT. Chances are its a dud one. Re torquing the head (stretch) bolts with these gaskets will not fix the problem.

Reality:

1: Stopping the leak is the ultimate goal but minimizing it seem to the only attainable option so far. I am yet to find a brand of gasket that has solved this issue permanently.

so there!

TS

Wallsend?.....it's not the End of the Walled ;<)

35942490325_3f0da8b633_m.jpgSUCKS

#39790 OFFLINE   dollywobbler

dollywobbler

Mr HubNut

• Full Members
  • 23,435 posts
  • 19 thanks

Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:06 PM

Ah well. Stinky it is then! I'm not about to replace another head gasket. 

• Twiggy, tooSavvy, BorniteIdentity and 1 other like this

1986 Citroen 2CV6, 1989 Nissan Bluebird
1990 Proton 1.5GLS, 1997 Honda S-MX, 2001 Perodua Nippa
HubNut Blog      HubNut Vids    Twatter

#39791 OFFLINE   meowdchina

meowdchina

• Full Members
  • 913 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • LocationStoke on Trent then Rugeley then Lancaster then China then Nurnberg then Massachusetts now California

Posted 26 June 2017 - 05:08 PM

Now then, a buddy of mine, from Texas now living just round the corner from me (last 8 years) has just decided he would like to get his truck on the road.

He bought it brand new in 1979 in El Paso, Texas, drove it over here in 2009 when he moved to California, and it has sat in the driveway ever since. The reason.......never got round to registering it in California. Before that can happen it has to pass a smog test, and being a Texas truck most of that emissions control components have been removed or are broken............... and they all need to be on the vehicle and working.

Oh the joy.........this should be fun.........NOT.

1979 Ford Custom Cab. 400ci Big Block. 

attachicon.gifCIMG1930.JPG

Well, a quick update from yesterday before we went the bar and had an hour to have a look at what's what.

Sometime around ten years ago the cast iron heads (boat anchors) were removed and chucked in the trash. These were replaced with aluminium performance heads and at the same time the cast manifolds were replaced with 4 into 1 tube headers........well that's all good so far.........and it has oil in it..............jump leads and fresh fuel hooked up, aaaaaand........not even firing.

Next step pour a bit of gas straight down its throat.........aaaaand..........VROOM.........ran like a bag of crap but there's no knocks and no smoke, so it's worth having some money spent on it after all.

A quick vacuum test of components reveals that parts needed are :

EGR valve - diaphragm fucked

Smog pump control valve - diaphragm fucked

Backfire arrester valve - Napoleon Fallenapart

Smog pump - fucked

Smog pump drive belt - missing.............on purpose I think

Carb rebuild kit - squirt diaphragm split.......and carb full of shit

Interest level quickly rising.

CIMG1925.JPG

• worldofceri, danthecapriman, alf892 and 9 others like this
Not quite the end of the Earth but
you can just about see it from here.

#39792 OFFLINE   Lord Sterling

Lord Sterling

• Full Members
  • 6,439 posts
  • 15 thanks
  • LocationNorth Worcestershire, İstanbul, Büyükada Türkiye, sometimes Isle of Wight

Posted 26 June 2017 - 05:29 PM

Your expansion tank has split, Lord Sterling.

Cheers Tayne, will have to have a look when I get back from Türkiya. I thought they usually split quite badly and gave HGF symptoms? It did to a mate of mine a few years ago on his early E46, mind you, him having no interest or sympathies with cars he just kept on driving until a bus driver pointed out that he needed to pull over and stop driving the car. I got it recovered on my RAC card. Shame, it was nice base-spec E46, sadly probably bean cans now.
.31109980376_e6f01e6edd_o.jpg

▄▀▄▀▄█▓▒░..AUTOSHITE; bringing misery and despair to the world of motoring..░▒▓█▄▀▄▀▄

سبحان الله

AUTOSHITE EXECUSHITE LEAGUE...Broken...
'03 BMW 316i SE - ...Daily... :lol:
'97 Rover 825 Sterling auto - ...Sitting... :|
'95 Rover 827 Sterling auto - ...Broken... :(
'90 Rover 827 Sterling auto - ...Broken... :(
'87 Rover 825 Sterling auto - ...NOT broken, tired... :neutral:
'87 Rover 820E auto - ...Garaged... :mrgreen:

#39793 ONLINE   eddyramrod

eddyramrod

The Crimson Avenger

• Full Members
  • 11,125 posts
  • 10 thanks
  • LocationTiny terraced hutch in a cramped street

Posted 26 June 2017 - 05:31 PM

Dollywobbler: well grabbed!

Meanwhile, today my Tacuma has passed MoT.  Just needed some brake pipes, which isn't bad for a car almost ten years old.

• Sigmund Fraud likes this

The Blob: 2007 Chevrolet Tacuma (wheelchair bus)

Giffer: 1995 Rover 820Si

Huggy Bear: 1973 Cadillac Coupe de Ville

Mr ramrod is the nicest person in the world  (Chompy_snake, 2015)

Eddy is the finest fellow you will ever meet,  FACT (Djimbob, 2017)

#39794 OFFLINE   tooSavvy

tooSavvy

tooSerious x far..!

• Full Members
  • 4,697 posts
  • 4 thanks
  • LocationWallsend on Tyne

Posted 26 June 2017 - 05:34 PM

Had a 'tail' earlier today  :shock:

Came up the slip, onto the A1(M) at the Angel of the North, pulled out into the middle lane to zoom over to Birtley Services and do the loop-etty-loop round and down to Barley Mow, past the LG Factory.

Collected a Met Bloo BMW Koop as I shot up the hill.... 5 car length tail all the way to Barley, 70/40/30 zones.

Pulled into the petrol station/entrance to Dobbies and the Beemer pulls in behind but stops across the forecourt from me. I open the door and have a chat with S i L (give him a tenner as he is on fumes!!) and 3 mins later Beemer slopes off across the forecourt (no fuelly) and away to Komatsu....

Guy looked to be wearing blue serge jacket/uniform - no Hi Vizz.

I hope 3 pissed Irishmen & an overloaded pikey Trannie got away down the road while this Plichard tailed me  8)

Life, eh?

TS

Wallsend?.....it's not the End of the Walled ;<)

35942490325_3f0da8b633_m.jpgSUCKS

#39795 OFFLINE   Lord Sterling

Lord Sterling

• Full Members
  • 6,439 posts
  • 15 thanks
  • LocationNorth Worcestershire, İstanbul, Büyükada Türkiye, sometimes Isle of Wight

Posted 26 June 2017 - 05:47 PM

Amazingly, I've actually been local today! A couple of jobs across Birmingham, no trains (apart from a local one this morning) no running for busses, no time keeping, just a stroll around local parts, a bus back to the compound to pick up another car (for drop off tomorrow morning up the Tyne area) and went to sort out a few things locally and went and caught up with a couple of mates.

This also provided me the opportunity to go and spot and call on a couple of Rover Sterlings I'd seen parked up. First one was a Red '97 Sterling KV6 that I believe was on eBay recently. Called at the house where the car was parked up, no answer. Ok, slightly further down the road was a Regency 827 (N62 ONL), basically an 827 Sterling stretch. I've seen this car before, it was often taken to Rover gatherings sround Birmingham. Sadly it was looking very "Lord Sterling" covered in green algae and a couple of flat tyres. The interior wood had seen better days and it was missing it's car fax, plus the stretched rear doors had paint bubbling off the top where presumably it was originally stretched.
It was originally supplied by "Edwards of Stratford" (which strangely is my most favourite sounding car dealer name)
.31109980376_e6f01e6edd_o.jpg

▄▀▄▀▄█▓▒░..AUTOSHITE; bringing misery and despair to the world of motoring..░▒▓█▄▀▄▀▄

سبحان الله

AUTOSHITE EXECUSHITE LEAGUE...Broken...
'03 BMW 316i SE - ...Daily... :lol:
'97 Rover 825 Sterling auto - ...Sitting... :|
'95 Rover 827 Sterling auto - ...Broken... :(
'90 Rover 827 Sterling auto - ...Broken... :(
'87 Rover 825 Sterling auto - ...NOT broken, tired... :neutral:
'87 Rover 820E auto - ...Garaged... :mrgreen:

#39796 OFFLINE   Steve79

Steve79

• Full Members
  • 156 posts
  • 1 thanks

Posted 26 June 2017 - 05:55 PM

Went out for a short drive. Came back in two Malaysian cars. Easiest capers ever!
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t...

A few people alerted me to it on The Internet, including FOAD and a friend of the seller who lives nearby. When offered it for scrap value, I could hardly say no could I?

Has a sticky front caliper, so will probably need that replacing plus pads and discs. Bit of an engine leak, but might just be cam cover gasket. Has had head gasket replaced fairly recently. Temp gauge is still in the red, possibly from that. Even engine off.

More later!

OMGGREGPROTONCONTENT

Aerobacks are for winnerz

More later!

OMGGREGPROTONCONTENT

Aerobacks are for Winnerz as i can attest!

Attached Images

• 20170507_175616.jpg

• dollywobbler and eddyramrod like this

#39797 OFFLINE   loserone

loserone

• Full Members
  • 975 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • Locationbehind the tree

Posted 26 June 2017 - 06:04 PM

I appear to be involved in some kind of a collection.

IMG_20170626_190108102_HDR.jpg
  • The Moog and Hooli like this
540331.png

#39798 OFFLINE   loserone

loserone

• Full Members
  • 975 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • Locationbehind the tree

Posted 26 June 2017 - 06:10 PM

Yup, that's a v5 on the window.

IMG_20170626_190847716_HDR.jpg
  • The Moog and DeeJay like this
540331.png

#39799 ONLINE   taxi paul

taxi paul

• Full Members
  • 794 posts
  • 8 thanks

Posted 26 June 2017 - 06:23 PM

Well picked up the gsi rover today. Drives very well to be fair. Auto box is OK although I think it stays in second a bit long. Front tyres fine rear tyres have a few sidewall cracks. Spare is good so maybe one tyre needed and fit spare . Polished up very nice and a bit of tlc will see it fine. It's had 3 0wners first for five years then one for twenty and last one for a year. It owes me £250.00 because I have insured it for a month. So I will get some photos tomorrow and will do a thread soon but in the meantime anyone fancy it for theveryone 250 it owes me. I will throw in a free saggy headlining.
  • RobT and Brodders like this

#39800 OFFLINE   SiC

SiC

• Full Members
  • 4,493 posts
  • 21 thanks
  • LocationBristol

Posted 26 June 2017 - 06:52 PM

Backfire arrester valve

I didn't even know such things existed! I'd be tempted to leave it off, so it ran like Uncle Bucks car. :)

giphy.gif

https://youtu.be/lPqPDdiiJIw
  • DeeJay, Rusty_Rocket and richardmorris like this
Current Fleet:
1974 MGB GT - A stereotypical classic car.
2007 Honda Civic EX CTDi - The reliable runner that is like the family pet.
2010 Aldi A4 - Owned to placate the wife on my crap buying

My history: 2003 Clio II 1.2 16v (First car), 2003 Honda Civic 3dr 1.7 CTDi (Isuzu lump), 1992 Mazda MX5 1.6, 2005 Mazda RX8 192bhp, 2005 Saab 9-3 1.9TiD 150bhp, 2007 Honda Civic 2.2 CTDi, 2004 Renault Scenic 1.6 Auto (Now Kiltox FiL), 2004 Saab 9-5 2.3t (Now Hooli), 2004 Smart Roadster 80bhp
Wife history (that she used/owned but I had frequent use of): 2002 Renault Clio II 1.2 16v (Billabong!), 2006 Mazda MX5 1.8, 2004 VW Golf 1.6 FSI, 2005 Renault Scenic II 2.0 (went bad from the drive back when buying it!), 2002 Vauxhall Astra 1.6 16v (now phil_lihp ex-colleague), 2005 Renault Laguna II v6 (Now angle)

#39801 OFFLINE   Brodders

Brodders

• Full Members
  • 603 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • LocationStowmarket

Posted 26 June 2017 - 07:07 PM

Somehow I seem to have ended up having to deal with this.

WP_20170626_001.jpg WP_20170626_002.jpg WP_20170626_003.jpg

I don't even like 206s that much, or diesels. Should provide some entertainment to you lot on here though when I inevitably snap and proceed to swear viciously at the thing.
  • The Moog, eddyramrod, RobT and 2 others like this
2001 Rover 75 1.8 Connoisseur SE
1993 Renault Safrane 2.0 RT Automatic

#39802 OFFLINE   DodgeRover

DodgeRover

• Full Members
  • 2,573 posts
  • 27 thanks

Posted 26 June 2017 - 07:28 PM

Well, a quick update from yesterday before we went the bar and had an hour to have a look at what's what.
Sometime around ten years ago the cast iron heads (boat anchors) were removed and chucked in the trash. These were replaced with aluminium performance heads and at the same time the cast manifolds were replaced with 4 into 1 tube headers........well that's all good so far.........and it has oil in it..............jump leads and fresh fuel hooked up, aaaaaand........not even firing.
Next step pour a bit of gas straight down its throat.........aaaaand..........VROOM.........ran like a bag of crap but there's no knocks and no smoke, so it's worth having some money spent on it after all.
A quick vacuum test of components reveals that parts needed are :

EGR valve - diaphragm fucked
Smog pump control valve - diaphragm fucked
Backfire arrester valve - Napoleon Fallenapart
Smog pump - fucked
Smog pump drive belt - missing.............on purpose I think
Carb rebuild kit - squirt diaphragm split.......and carb full of shit

Interest level quickly rising.
CIMG1925.JPG

For the sake of the planet he should really ship it over to the UK where I could run it as an environmentally friendly daily after chucking LPG on it. I bet he could even get a new Prius from the state or something for such a noble act.

More updates please, how often do they have to be emissions tested once it's registered?

In certain states in Aus it's not unknown for someone to borrow a set of emissions control shit to do the roadworthy check then return it afterwards.
  • The Moog, eddyramrod and Hooli like this

#39803 OFFLINE   richardmorris

richardmorris

• Full Members
  • 4,690 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 June 2017 - 07:55 PM

2cv into isleworth today for a service and mot. Day started off badly for someone who appears to have jumped off a bridge onto the m3. Did make for a quick journey in to London though as there was very little traffic getting onto the motorway at j3. Got the train back to avoid traffic chaos.
The 2cv needs a wheel bearing- lee asked if I'd heard it. Yes fifteen years ago! It's original on 150,000 miles so I'll forgive it wear and tear. He also pointed out the hole under the near side sill jacking point. It's been that way for five years now so I'm not worried- it's not rusty, just a gap where the jacking point used to be. I'll pick it up later in the week. Now I'm down to one car that doesn't go out in the wet in a weather forecasted wet week. Looks like I'll be getting wet cycling then!
  • RobT, 11001010 and egg like this
  • Mercedes E320 coupé
  • Fiat X1/9
  • Citroën 2CV6

#39804 OFFLINE   Tayne

Tayne

• Full Members
  • 11,543 posts
  • 4 thanks
  • LocationThe Granite City of Aberdeen

Posted 26 June 2017 - 07:57 PM

Cheers Tayne, will have to have a look when I get back from Türkiya. I thought they usually split quite badly and gave HGF symptoms? .

Mine went at th seam and just opened a little when warm. Water loss was very gradual.
First time I topped it up with 500ml of water after the light came on and then it did the same 700 or 800 miles later.

The ex-BroSoupOrNowt 323 wagon split the bottle in two and water was pissing out the bottom when poured into the top.
Tous les Vauxhalls sont des merdes

#39805 ONLINE   stuboy

stuboy

• Full Members
  • 3,207 posts
  • 5 thanks
  • Locationashford kent

Posted 26 June 2017 - 07:59 PM

Im still unable to drive so my good lady took me on a drive in my car, she kindly took me morrisons to buy her dinner and put petrol in my car.

Cant wait to get behind the wheel.

Attached Images

• 20170625_132213.jpg

Driver of the ford MONTURDO !!  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:   

#39806 OFFLINE   Spottedlaurel

Spottedlaurel

• Full Members
  • 3,443 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • LocationNorfolk

Posted 26 June 2017 - 08:46 PM

Camry brake caliper replaced successfully, so I can start using that one again.

• RobT, tooSavvy and BorniteIdentity like this

The home of one previous owner Japanese cars:

1973 Datsun 1200 B110 2dr; 1980 Laurel 2.4 C230; 1988 Sunny 1.6 LX N13
1992 Camry 2.2GL (definitely just for spares now); 1993 Camry Estate 2.2GL on the road again!!

And a couple of modern Toyotas

#39807 OFFLINE   meowdchina

meowdchina

• Full Members
  • 913 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • LocationStoke on Trent then Rugeley then Lancaster then China then Nurnberg then Massachusetts now California

Posted 27 June 2017 - 01:37 AM

For the sake of the planet he should really ship it over to the UK where I could run it as an environmentally friendly daily after chucking LPG on it. I bet he could even get a new Prius from the state or something for such a noble act.

More updates please, how often do they have to be emissions tested once it's registered?

In certain states in Aus it's not unknown for someone to borrow a set of emissions control shit to do the roadworthy check then return it afterwards.

LoL..........Going nowhere I'm told. Every two years for the test, and the cops do set up  roadside check points for this age of vehicle on a regular basis...........so it has to be legit.......................ANYHOOS............

Parts on the shelf at local shop..........and fitted...........Runs good...........In for smog tomorrow.

A couple of pics  before tidy up and filter box go back on......a few things not yet connected up.........we'll figure it out.......Oh yes, this is a effin monster.

CIMG1926.JPG

CIMG1927.JPG

CIMG1928.JPG

• The Moog, eddyramrod, Sigmund Fraud and 2 others like this
Not quite the end of the Earth but
you can just about see it from here.

#39808 ONLINE   320touring

320touring

• Full Members
  • 7,536 posts
  • 7 thanks

Posted 27 June 2017 - 04:36 AM

I'm in Glasgow Aeropuerto at some godforsaken hour to fly over to Belfast for work.

This means a hire car:) #realroadtest
  • RobT likes this
Read about my chod based adventures here:
http://fuguttycars.wordpress.com/

#39809 OFFLINE   richardmorris

richardmorris

• Full Members
  • 4,690 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 June 2017 - 04:52 AM

Someone had a bad day yesterday. I'm trying to find out who the 2cver is.

http://www.getsurrey...n-hook-13242927

Attached Images

• IMG_1539.JPG

• Mercedes E320 coupé
  • Fiat X1/9
  • Citroën 2CV6

#39810 ONLINE   andy18s

andy18s

• Full Members
  • 2,706 posts
  • 4 thanks

Posted 27 June 2017 - 01:47 PM

Fancy hiring something special for the day?
You won't find one of these on the books at Enterprise or Hertz

Attached Images

• Screenshot_20170627-164344.png

• cobblers, loserone, RobT and 3 others like this
2x Vivaro vans.....for now amyway

10 user(s) are reading this topic

5 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users

yellowperil, Vantman, DeeJay, FPB7, Jazoli