This week's haul o'shite

wuvvum

Wuvz you are fearless! I couldnt be doing with any of that lot except perhaps the Shogun, which looks like a bit of a snip.Do you work on these cars yourself? Have you got a garage to play in?Hows your Alfa 166 going? I was impressed with that one.

Well I don't think I'll be doing a lot to the Scooby other than ragging it around till the tax runs out. I do have a garage, but it's not got power so I'm limited to what I can do in there - plus it's four miles away from where I live so it's a bit awkward if I forget my mole grips or whatever. Mostly I just work on my cars on the big car park where you picked the Sigma up from, although that gets a bit less pleasant at this time of year. Not entirely sure what I'm going to be doing with the Commer - might just get it running right and then move it on, depends what it's like underneath. It's something that's always been on my "to own" list though. For some reason the idea of that comically narrow track, the partially hidden front wheels and the wipers that come down from the top of the screen has always appealed to me.The 166 is going fine, in fact it's a rather nice thing to drive and goes surprisingly well considering it's a 2-litre 4-pot in a large car. It's not been used much though as the heater fan doesn't work so it mists up rather quickly in traffic - I've got to try and sort that this weekend, hopefully it'll just be a relay or something simple as I don't fancy having to track down the fan motor itself. It's also due for a MoT at the end of the month - only potential problem I can see is a small crack at the bottom of the windscreen, which if the tester is particularly anal he might fail it on. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it'll pass though...

Posted Image

Well it looks like this one's fallen by the wayside. Just been on the phone to the seller and it turns out it's not "driveable" after all - it's been parked with the handbrake on for two and a half years so the rear brakes are stuck fast. And apparently they're virtually impossible to get at without having the van up on ramps as the fibreglass camper body partially covers the rear wheels and comes down too low to crawl underneath. :? The way we've left it is that the old boy who owns it is in no hurry to get rid so if at any point I get hold of a vehicle that's capable of towing a CF on a trailer I'll get back in touch and if it's still there I'll have it then. I've still got to sort out something for the Commer, which I don't think is going to be significantly smaller or lighter than the CF...

Important to remember though WuvZZ... The Commer has a much narrower track than a Bedford and is a bit shorter too. They will fit on a standard sized Brian James (with a bit of manipulation).

I know the wheels'll get on OK - I once managed to shoehorn a Mk1 Tranny onto a standard Brian James. Problem with the Commer is that the body is way wider than the track, and comes down significantly lower than a Tranny's, and I'd be a little concerned that the body would fail to fit between the trailer's mudguards. Plus I haven't got anything on the fleet at the minute which would be up to dragging that kind of weight back from Humberside...